Katherine E. Chou, DPM
Providing the best experience for our patients is not a one-person job. Optimal foot and ankle treatment is at the top of the list, yes. But our care for you starts at the reception desk and continues behind the scenes, too!
Dr. Chou and our staff are dedicated to helping each patient find the comfort and relief they need from their podiatric problems. Learn more about the members of our team here.
Dr. Katherine Chou
Dr. Chou is a San Francisco transplant from Southern California. She fell in love with the Bay Area while attending UC Berkeley, then spent the next few years in cheerful exile while earning her podiatric medical degree in windy Chicago. Acceptance into the prestigious Kaiser North Bay Consortium residency program paved the way for her return in 2008.
Upon her graduation as Chief Resident three years later, Dr. Chou was faced with the dilemma of choosing a safe, reliable job working for someone else or bravely striking out on her own to create the practice of her dreams. After careful consideration, she chose to follow her dreams and has never looked back.
Dr. Chou is a multi-sport athlete and has run several marathons and was the sole female to complete an Ironman distance race on a day with rain, sleet, and hail. She is currently overcoming her fear of heights by learning to climb. A big part of why she loves living in San Francisco is because she can enjoy all the things she loves best: good weather, beautiful ocean views, open parkland, fantastic restaurants, and amazing people.
- Undergraduate Education: UC Berkeley, Classical Civilizations – Berkeley, CA
- Medical Education: Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine – North Chicago, IL
- Residency Training: Chief Resident at Kaiser North Bay Consortium – Vallejo, CA
- Certified in Basic and Advanced AO techniques – CA
- Trained in Arthroscopy of the Foot and Ankle – Rosemont, IL
- Trained in Microsurgery techniques – San Francisco, CA